Are you looking for the best hedge trimmer attachment? You’ll find a proper guide and reviews in this article. There has never been more cause to maintain gardens and backyards cleanly trimmed. Especially if you are isolating yourself and your home more than usual, a good environment will make your spirits high. The practice will make you a power of good. And there is more satisfaction for a job well done.
A well-kept hedge is an important part of a beautiful garden. It can change even the grubbiest patch of land into something special that could fight with the Garden of Eden. You’ll be the grudge of the neighborhood.
It can be tedious to trim a hedge; therefore, you need to choose a trimmer that adjusts you. Certainly, you don’t want a heavy-duty, gas-powered hedge trimmer for tiny bushes. Similarly, you don’t take a cheap electric hedge trimmer if you have a long hedgerow to trim through.
Best Hedge Trimmer Attachment Reviews
You may need to purchase a power extension when you will buy an electric hedge trimmer for plunging them into a socket. However, firstly, you need to select the best hedge trimmer. It’s not an easy task like buying the cheapest one; there are many things to consider. As a result, we have enlisted here the five best hedge trimmer attachments in the markets and include a significant buyer’s guide so that you can choose the best hedge trimmer effortlessly. Let’s have a look at the best five hedge trimmers over the markets.
1. EGO Power+ HTA2000 Hedge Trimmer Attachment
The EGO Power+HTA2000 is a 20-inch hedge trimmer attachment that is a part of the Multi-Head system. It is designed for effective and convenient trimming. The Dual-Action blades trim an industry-leading 1″ cut capability and longevity. The 12-position articulation offers you trim at any angle. EGO attachments are made particularly for your EGO POWER+ Power Head (PH1400) and ensure maximum quality and performance as well.
- Part of the Ego multi-head system
- Efficient and convenient trimming
- Trim at any angle!
- Only compatible with EGO power plus powerhead PH1400
- 20 hedge trimmer
- Authentic Ego parts offer compatibility, performance, and quality
- Offers two cut capacity
- Heaving water-resistant construction
- Battery-powered models
- Dimension: 39.29×4.65×4.32 inches
- Weight: 5.4 pounds
- 5-year warranty
- Outstanding build
- Fantastic performance
- Perfect for yardwork
- Stackable and rigid
- Easy to use and maintain
- No noisy gas engine
- Maximum reach with cutting power
- Low-quality drive head
Therefore, EGO power+HTA2000 is an excellent hedge trimmer attachment for its outstanding features, good customer reviews, and fantastic performance.
2. TrimmerPlus TPH720 22-Inch Dual Hedger Attachment
The TrimmerPlus TPH720 22-Inch Dual Hedger Attachment is perfect for trimming hedges and bushes with its double-sided blades that can be adjusted to different angles. With its sturdy construction, this hedger attachment is compatible with most major hedge trimmer brands.
The TPH720 hedger attachment makes quick and easy work of any trimming job. Its dual-sided blades provide more coverage and make it easier to get into tight spaces. The angle of the blades can be easily adjusted to suit the needs of each individual job.
For side-to-side hedging, 22″ blades with 7/16″ gaps are cut simultaneously. You can reach those hard-to-reach places with long dual-action blades and an articulating head. The Hedge trimmer’s blade can be locked from 0-135 degrees. Hedges your lawn, garden, and other outdoor areas. Heavy-duty metal case construction. Tested and ready for even the most difficult hedging tasks.
Why Do Experts Recommend This Product?
- Double-sided blades for easy-to-reach
- Adjustable to different angles (from 0-135 degrees)
- Full metal case sturdy construction
- Compatible with most major hedge trimmer brands
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
3. MILWAUKEE Clipper Attachment
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Quick-Lok Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment is driven by the M18 Fuel Power Head w/ Quick-Lock, and it is compatible with the Quick-Lock Attachment System. For offering 13 operating positions and 1 storage position, the attachment’s mechanism provides for a 270-degree rotation of the blade set. It includes a 20-inch blade with 1 inch capacity for clearing more material in a single pass.
Additionally, it includes a tip guard to eliminate damage to the blade and surrounding work area. Also, it has a padded grip for increased comfort and optimal hand placement. For increasing durability against drops and storage elements, the Quick-Lok Attachment offers protected drive shafts. Moreover, the hedge attachment contains optimized gearing to control the cordless M18 Fuel Power Head RPM output, particularly for hedge trimming applications.
- A suitable handle and sliding adjustment collar offer 270 degrees Blade Set Rotation.
- Tip Guard eliminates damage to blade and surrounding work area
- A padded grip increased comfort and optimal hand placement
- Compatible with the M18 Fuel
- Cutting capacity: 1 inch
- Length of Blade: 20 inch
- Product length: 60 inch
- Product dimension: 60.5×5.5 ×3 inches
- Item weight: 5.8 pounds
- Well-build product
- Excellent performance
- Increasing optimal hand placement and comfort
- Durable product
- Easy to use
- Finding a replacement blade is a troublesome
In a nutshell, Milwaukee 49-16-2719 is another good option for you because of its amazing features, performance, well-built, etc.
4. Sunseeker MFT26I-HEDGE-A Hedge Trimmer Attachment
The Sunseeker MFT261 Hedge Trimmer Attachment is very easy to attach without requiring professional adjustment. Anybody can attach it with any brand at any time such as Sunseeker, Toro, Craftsman, Ryobi, and Troy Bilt units. It is a 15-inch durable articulated steel hedge trimmer.
The 12-position articulating head offers you to fix the blade angle to adjust various hedge shapes and trim hard-to-reach places. Besides, the 15″ dual action blade gives powerful trimming with ¾ inch cutting capability to handle any hedge, tiny or big. Tool-free attachment ensures you to switch between this as well as other efficient attachments effortlessly.
- 15-inch dual-action metal cutting blade to power by the deepest hedges.
- 12-position articulating head offers to fix the blade angles and hard-to-reach places.
- 30-inch shaft for doing out-of-reach jobs.
- Easily compatible with Sunseeker, Toro, Ryobi, Troy Bilt, and Craftsman trimmers and powerhead.
- Universal attachment is part of a Sunseeker line and offers you to take any job, around all year.
- Power source: Battery-powered
- Material: Plastic
- Item Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Product dimension: 42×3×4 inches
- 2 year limited warranty
- Best for larger shrubs and plants
- 6-feet long extension pole
- 6 head adjusting positions
- ¾ ” tooth gap of blade
- Excellent working performance
- Fantastic attachment for the price
- Solidly build
- Can’t rotate to a 90° angle
Therefore, if you search for an excellent hedge trimmer that can be suited to many other brands and lasts for years, then Sunseeker will be one of the best options for you.
5. Snapper XD 82V MAX Hedge Trimmer Attachment
Snapper 1696895 Hedge Trimmer might be the other best hedge trimmer for your jobs, designed with 17-inch Steel dual-action blade. It contains a 90-degree pivoting head which allows easy cutting. It offers a maximum of 82 volts of initial battery voltage ( measured without a workload), whereas the normal voltage is 72 volts.
It is compatible with Snapper XD 82 volts String Trimmer for extending the reach with the hedge trimmer and pole saw attachments to easily trim bushes and other landscape elements. Moreover, it is a battery-powered tool that offers a 43 cm cutting length. Click the image to check the price on Amazon.
- 17-inch dual-action blade
- 90-degree pivoting head for easy and safe cutting
- Connect the hedge trimmer attachment to any Snapper XD 82-Volt max string trimmer
- Compatible with Snapper XD 82 Volts String Trimmer
- Maximum initial battery voltage 82V
- Dual-line tips
- Cutting length 43 cm
- Power-source: Battery-powered
- Dimension: 52×3.5×4.5 inches
- Weight: 5.7 pounds
- 3 years limited attachment warranty
- Great quality
- Easy and fast cutting
- Easily help to reach bushes without a climbing ladder
- Great for the price
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to attach
- Connects to Ryobi, Craftsman, Sunseeker, and other generic attachment
- Hard to handle
Undoubtedly, Snapper XD 82 V Max Hedge Trimmer is an outstanding attachment for your jobs for excellent design, excellent features, good performance, and easy cutting. One of the main drawbacks is that it may sometimes, hard to handle.
6. Ryobi Expand-It Universal Hedge Trimmer Attachment
The Ryobi Expand-It 17-½ inch Universal Hedge trimmer Attachment is an ideal tool for cutting branches and new growth around ⅜ inch thick. It is used to move your attachment-efficient line trimmer into a hedge trimmer. It is compatible with most models of hedge trimmers.
It includes a 17-½ inch L blade which offers easy control and is lightweight. Additionally, the Dual-Action Reciprocating blade ( double-sided) ensures a clean cut with low vibration. To connect the blade to the powerhead and shaft of your trimmer, you don’t need any tools or adapters.
- Cutting branches and new growth around ⅜ inch thick
- 17-½ inch L blade is simple to control and lightweight
- Dual-action reciprocating blade makes a clean cut and makes low vibration
- Compatible with most models of hedge trimmers
- Product dimension: 6.8×5.6×42.6 inches
- Item weight: 5.59 pounds
- Heavy-duty product than electric
- Fantastic working
- Easy to attach to handle
- Low vibration
- Clean cutting
- Value for product
- Troubles to cut laurel branches, ivy vines, and similar.
Therefore, Ryobi Expand-It 17-½ inch Universal Hedge Trimmers might be the best option for you. Since it is ideal for cutting branches and new growth, ensuring good performance, easy attaching, clean cutting, etc., without cutting laurel and ivy vines.
What to consider when buying hedge trimmers attachment
There are lots of things to consider before buying the best hedge trimmer attachment for you. You need to know what to look for in a trimmer attachment that will help you choose the best one. The following are things you need to consider before buying a hedge trimmer attachment.
To choose a hedge trimmer with a comfortable weight, you need to look for a trimmer with a short blade or take a corded model, which usually has a lower weight than battery-powered and gas-powered.
However, you should select the type of hedge trimmer depending on the type of vegetation you will cut. As a result, you need a gas model for heavy-duty tasks. Similarly, it would help if you had a corded or battery-powered trimmer for a light job.
If you need to trim hard or woody branches( ¾ inch or wider), a hedge trimmer can’t be the appropriate tool for the job. Instead, choose a manual pruning saw to cut especially thick-stemmed branches.
The best hedge trimmers use sharp metal teeth blades to strip away vegetation. The single-sided blade types are considered a worthwhile safety measure because of teeth that keep away from you as you work. On the other hand, the double-sided models work in both directions, so you need to keep conscious when using them, but they offer you to complete your work fast.
When it comes to considering the length of a hedge trimmer blade, bigger isn’t always better. The longer the blade, the speedier you can cut your vegetation hedge. But the longer bladed trimmer is heavier and more troublesome, so you need more power and need good care to operate it accurately to get the wanted results.
Generally, the best hedge trimmer blades can extend between 13 inches to 40 inches. Usually, 16-inch blades trimmers are best appropriate for small to medium size hedges. Similarly, 18-inch blades trimmers are excellent for grooming medium to large size hedges, and for big hedges, 20-inch blades are best.
The cutting capacity of a hedge trimmer depends on the gap between the blade teeth. The gap measures the largest branch size the tool can securely cut. The larger space or gap, the greater or longer the cutting capacity of the trimmer. Ideally, 1 inch or greater gap between the hedge trimmer’s teeth. But you can get models with a ⅜ to ¾ inch. Besides, you should select a larger cutting capacity for thick, dense, or woody plants; likely a lower cutting capacity is allowable for a young, leafy hedge with fine stems.
Most hedge trimmers contain the same basic design, no matter what the blade length or power source. So, the extra features can differentiate them and make them suitable for particular needs. Suppose some trimmers include shoulder straps that can alleviate strain from your arms when you do long trimming sessions. Others offer ergonomic handle features that improve comfort and enhance maneuverability. Moreover, others have anti-vibration technology which gives a smoother trimming experience. And some of them have laser-cut blades which offer clean, straight cuts on every turn.
How to Install and Use Hedge Trimmer Attachment?
Do you want to know how to install/use a hedge trimmer attachment? Well, then just keep reading.
To keep your garden’s landscape clean and tidy, you need to cut or trim the extra branches and bushes. And if you have a hedge trimmer in your house, you can easily do that by yourself.
In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide to installing any hedge trimmer attachment before use. Buy the ones that are suitable for the trees of your garden and follow the steps carefully.
What Is Hedge Trimmer?
Hedge Trimmers are often known as shrub or bush trimmers. This is a must-have tool for the people who love gardening and have a landscape design using a lot of trees around their house.
However, this machine is used to trim the extra branches or hedges out of the plant’s shape.
Hedge Trimmer Attachment:
There are different hedge trimmers in the market. Some good-quality trimmers can be found in the market now at a reasonable price. Sunseeker, Ryobi, Toro, Craftsman, Troy-Bilt units, and Echo are the most popular brands.
There are different designs available that can be used as an attachment. You can buy and use them with one stand gear only and use different attachments for different purposes.
How to Install Hedge Trimmer?
After deciding what trimmer to use, take the engine, screwdriver, and other necessary tools to install the device. After that, follow the steps to install a hedge trimmer.
- Step 01: Remove spark plug; wear protective gloves and empty fuel tank to avoid any accidents.
- Step 02: Turn the engine upside down and open the gear case cover.
- Step 03: remove blade mounting boards and washers,
- Step 04: remove outer spar gear and spacer plate,
- Step 05: take the blades,
- Step 06: position the inner spar gear so that the holes are aligned,
- Step 07: align the upper blade and replace the spacer plate on top of it,
- Step 08: Replace outer spar gear,
- Step 09: adjust the lower blade and seal
- Step 10: realign the cover and secure it with screws
- Step 11: thread the bolts into the blades
- Step 12: realign the blade guards and attach them with a screw
- Step 13: Thread the nuts and bolts and attach the tip guard.
How To Use A Hedge Trimmer?
- Before using a hedge trimmer, don’t forget to wear hand gloves and protective glasses.
- After that, you have to plug in the device first if you are using an electronic trimmer.
- Pull the on switch over the engine, and you can control the blades with a push button.
- Start trimming a bush from the lower side of the plant to the top.
- You can go sideways as well.
- Cut small portions to avoid cutting a big chunk of a healthy branch.
Nowadays, every electronic hardware store contains these gardening tools. All you need is to be careful while using this machine. I hope this article helped you to learn how to install/use the hedge trimmer attachment. Now, you can shape your shrubs, and there is no need to call any professional at all.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed our article and been able to pick your best one from the 5 best hedge trimmer attachments according to your requirement. But, if you don’t, our first recommendation is EGO Power+HTA2000, a very convenient and all-inclusive product for your jobs. Second is Milwaukee because of its excellent performance, good features, and amazing customer reviews. That’s not mean that the other products on our list are any less. All of them are best regarding their own advantages and drawbacks as well.